Monday 14 September 2020

100 Dates - Slid Into His DMs

I have a story about ASB Phil (the match that used to send me shirtless selfies tagged ‘thoughts?’)  that I am surprised I forgot about.  One day when I was Insta stalking him, I saw that he was ‘friends’ with my gym crush. Gym crush, also known as ‘him what sparkles like them in Twilight’ because of his preternaturally pale skin, was part of a series of crushes I had on men with beards. That phase of my ‘love-life’ was sparked off by Captain Haddock and is thankfully over now because I’ve realised that a beard just tends to cover up things like weak chins and no neck. Apparently beards also have a lot faecal matter in them, and if that doesn’t put you off, I don’t know what will.

Anyway, after it was clear that ASB Phil was a huge flake who wasn’t ever going to actually meet up, I did a fairly creepy thing. I insta messaged HWS, saying something along the lines of ‘hey don’t you go to my gym?’ and said that I’d that he’d come up in my list of recommended follows.

I can’t remember which one I asked about the other, it seems logical that I would have asked HMW about ASB, but it turns out that they fell out a long time ago, but would not divulge why. Probably because it was ridiculously petty, and because neither of them would actually be able to remember.

After a while, we swapped numbers and then agreed to catch up when we were next both at the gym. There then followed the most awkward encounter of my life. We said hello, we hugged, we had a chat and then moved on to our respective workouts. Immediately I knew that this whole thing had been a Very Bad Idea and I guess he did too, because he sent me a panicked message when I got home. I’m not ready for a relationship [woah, fella! Who was even talking about that?] Women are a total nightmare, I just want to go to the gym and workout and not have to talk to anyone there…

I replied saying it was OK and asking if he’d prefer me not to say hello to him in future.

‘Yes please.’ He said back.

I saw him a few more times, at the gym and once in the supermarket where we pretended not to see each other. I guess he moved gyms because I haven’t seen him in ages. I think this could be the first time I’ve actively scared a man out of town, but then he was ginger so it may have been townsfolk with pitchforks and flame torches that did it.

The takeaway from this is not to be a creepy weirdo stalker, and that it’s only ‘sexy’ when Penn Badgely does it.

Rogue’s Gallery

Eric (2018? 2019? Can’t remember)

Once we swapped numbers, he just sent me multiple pictures of his penis in various states of excitement, asked if I thought he was the biggest I’ve ever seen. Then he vanished. I inadvertently almost showed my mother his proud member when I was looking through my phone, forgetting that even if you delete WhatsApp photos, Samsung phones archive them.

Freud (2018, 2019)

We matched twice. The first time was on OKC in 2018, where the conversation stopped after he told me he would like to watch me have sex with another man (alright, Fred West)

We matched again in early March this year, and I reminded him what he said. He replied that he said stuff like that to provoke a reaction. He said that used OLD as some kind of ‘sociological experiment’. (buuuuuullllshiiiiit).  We spoke on the phone once, and then he too vanished. He crops up a lot on the apps, and is one of the rare ones that changes their photos each time. I wonder if any of these men have considered therapy.

 This week’s crush

The mighty Sam Neill. I have watched both Jurassic Park, Event Horizon, Dead Calm and In the Mouth of Madness all fairly recently. I don’t know what it is, his blue eyes, his soothing voice, or the fact he looks like the kind of man who would be good at many things; sheep herding, DYI, digging wells, building houses, talking about philosophy and the universe. Mostly it’s probably because when me and my sister saw Jurassic Park as teenagers we got obsessed with his fine butt. Would Sam Neill send you photos of the tip of his dick popping out of faded y-fronts like a baby mole popping its head out of the ground?

 No, he would not. Bootylicious Sex God Sam Neill, I salute you.